Details of Surrey County Council’s (SCC’s) Woking Parking Review 2020 are available online. There is a deadline of 23rd April 2021 by which the public can comment on the Parking Review proposals.
As background, each year, SCC carry out assessments and site visits for the parking problems and requests for changes to parking restrictions which have been brought to their attention. Most of these concerns are raised by members of the public, the emergency services, councillors and highway officers.
Proposals being considered are:
- Introduction of on-street electric vehicle charging points
- Parking for Blue Badge Holders – at any time-no time limit
- No waiting at any time (including making some current temporary double yellow lines permanent)
- Permit Holder Parking 8.30-6 p.m. Mon-Sat
- Revocation of existing waiting, loading and parking restrictions.
These are marked on the drawings (maps) and the legend shows in the ‘Key’ box on each drawing. Drawings (maps) and details of proposed changes can be found via this link:
At the bottom of the page, please note the following:
- The Byfleets .pdf attachment for drawings of Byfleet and West Byfleet
- Woking South East .pdf attachment for drawing of Pyrford
- Electric Vehicle Parking Proposals .pdf attachment for all 3 villages (where relevant)
The public can comment on specific proposals/roads by 23rd April 2021 on the SCC ‘Online Survey’ via this link:
The standard format is very accessible. There is also a phone number and email address as alternatives.
Where asked to comment on how you heard about the proposal, please do mention the Residents’ Association website/email, so that SCC are aware that the RA is a conduit.